"Gh. Zane" Institute For Economic and Social Research
The history of "Gh. Zane" Institute for Economic and Social Research - ICES "Gh. Zane" - began in 1957 with a Department of Economics established by the Romanian Academy, Branch of Iași.
A Center for Social Sciences was founded in 1970, which carried out research in the fields of economics, psychology and pedagogy. Gradually, the Center expanded its scope of academic research by including the fields of sociology (1971) and legal sciences (1972). In 1975, the Center merged with the Institute of Pedagogical Sciences (Iași). It kept its name, but came under the authority of "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" University of Iași.
In 1990, the Center came back under the aegis of the Romanian Academy and became the Institute of Socio-Human Sciences, conducting research in philosophy, logic, pedagogy, psychology, sociology and legal sciences.
"Gh. Zane" Institute for Economic and Social Research came into existence in 2002, through the merger of the Institute of Socio-Human Sciences and "Gheorghe Zane" Institute of Economic Research (founded in 1994).